We're just a bunch of jet-setters


We had a busy weekend... it's December now so that usually happens. But this year feels busier than last year. It may be as this time last year we just got my dad's diagnosis and we dropped everything to spend as much time with him as possible. Bleh, I'm pretty glad to see the back of 2011!

On Friday after work we got in the car, made the obligatory McDonalds road trip snack stop just before the freeway and hit the road. My favourite thing about road trips - trying to get the Hubs to sing duets with me... with boy band/diva actions. I'm not always successful but I have to try! We arrived at my sisters house and I absolutely love that our nieces and nephew run up to greet us when we arrive... don't kids just make you feel soooooo loved?!
Saturday morning my alarm sounded - not a sound I like hearing on a Saturday morning... you see my alarm and I aren't friends. I never feel rested so my alarm is the interruption to my hope that if I stay in bed a little longer I won't be tired any more. We quickly got ready... (I must say I think the Hubs always looks pretty dapper in his suit) and were off to the airport at 7:30am (yes, out of the house and dressed all fancy at 7:30am!) We safely made our way to Brisbane - I love a bit of in-flight crocheting. 

We picked up our hire car and made our way to the Brisbane Temple, it's so pretty! and then we saw the lovely Bride & Groom! Ash looked gorgeous!






The Reception was fun and I had to use all the strength I had in me not to eat my weight in the mini pavlova.



Despite an SMS of a delayed flight, another saying it wasn't delayed and a run-in with a creepy man loitering out a mall bathroom when i was busting to use the facilities we had a lovely time in Brissy, celebrating the marriage of our lovely friend.

Have you ever done a fly in/fly out interstate wedding in one day? I would love to hear your stories!