It's beginning to look a lot like christmas... well here it is!

What? You think it's too early for Christmas decorations? Well I don't!

I love Christmas. I think it might be because my parents always made a huge deal about Christmas growing up. We didn't have much but they made it a huge celebrations. This included my mum panicking we didn't have many presents on Christmas Eve that she'd get toys from our rooms and wrap them up. On Christmas morning, my sisters and I would watch each other open presents and be very interested when we realised their present was something from our room that was there just the night before when we went to sleep!

My dad always loved Christmas too, I think he especially loved it after we were all grown and moved out of home as it meant a time when he had us all together again at the same time. It's hard to imagine what christmas will be like this year without him. He would always sit there in awe just patiently watching us all open our presents, you could see that is what gave him the greatest joy. Not what he received but the love and excitement in our faces. When we would see he had opened anything and we were almost done we'd make him start opening some of his. He'd carefully and slowly unwrap each present as to not the rip the wrapping paper as my mum was a manic wrapping paper recycler. He was the same on birthdays too. Boy do I miss him.

My mum is crazy in love with christmas, just like my sisters and I. Although sometimes mum takes it a step further (I already told you about the present re-gifting so we had a huge mountain of presents to open right?). My dad would always make her wait until the 1st of December to decorate for christmas. In the last few years he let her decorate in mid november. Well this year, seeing as there is no-one to tell her not to, guess when the decorations went up at home? October! Mum's reasoning - "If the stores can have their Christmas decorations up why can't I". Although I won't decorate that early I think it's a valid reason.

My birthday was just last week and I have to have that over before I feel like it's almost christmas... hence a perfect time to decorate. So guess what we did this week? Christmas came to town in the Frost house!

(yep, I wrapped all the presents I have already brought trying to be all organised this year and put them under the tree too!)







Since we decorated on Friday we've spent our nights sitting in the lights of the Christmas tree. I think there is something magical about the lights on a christmas tree. I think they exude happiness or something. I'm pretty sure i've lost count how many times the Hubs and I have said to each other how much we love our tree and that our apartment now feels all christmas-ey!

Now onto ideas for handmade Christmas gifts.... any suggestions?