Defiance

So we just finished watching the movie Defiance. Have you seen it? It's about two Jewish brothers in Nazi-occupied Eastern Europe who escape into the Belarussian forests, where they join Russian resistance fighters and endeavour to build a village in order to protect themselves and about 1,000 Jewish non-combatants.
 

Like most movies I've seen to do with World War 2, I blubbered through a lot of it but I was also in awe. The struggle that these amazing people had to not only survive but to save those around them. Makes me think about the times I may have seen someone in need or struggling and I didn't help as much as I could have. How hard would it be for me to go an extra mile to help someone else in need? Especially when there have been people out in the world who have risked their lives for another. Not hard at all!
 

I'm ending this day with a commitment in my heart to help those who are in need. I don't think I was unhelpful before but I really want to take the time to notice people more, how they are and what I can do help.
*Art from the amazing Sugar Fresh. I have a list of all the prints I want to buy (when i'm allowed after the Hubs finally let me get a kitchenaid :D ) Check it out - Lindsay is awesome!