the wants...

You see, that's what my sisters and I call it. 'The Wants'. Surely you've experienced it at some point. When you see something and instantly think/say/scream "Oooh I wants it" ('the wants' makes sense now yeh?) well I think we're good at it (and I'm saying 'we' to distract that this is really about me - but who has to know? It can be our secret)

I can usually think of a whole list of things I want at any time...Pinterest isn't helping! A nice neat catalogued place for things i want/need/think are pretty... And I've only just started using it! It used to be a mental list that I'd forget when things like birthdays, Christmas & anniversaries come around.

Right now I'll freely admit it.. I have the wants... Bad! I've wanted a great vacuum For.EVER! (dustmite allergies might play some part in that) and I just got one only a week ago. I LOVE it and I filled it just doing our tiny apartment once - stupendous carpet cleanliness!

But the thing about 'the wants'....if you're skilled liked me you can always find something else.

I was baking on Sunday (surprise! 'I' was baking! Bet you didn't see that one coming did you?!) and my mixer seems to not be working properly .... And the deep-seated wants for a beautiful shiny sturdy beautiful talented nifty (did I say beautiful already?) Kitchenaid mixer (colour TBC at a later date - I mean how can you pick just one!) bubbled to the surface... I mean, come on! They're beautiful! And a functional kitchen item that according to the kitchenaid website says it 'does everything but hug your kids'! - SOLD!







then while taking photo of said baking (ie giant cupcake) with my iPhone AGAIN! the Digital SLR of my dreams (that just wants to sit in my hands) reared it's pretty little head again into the 'wants' part of my
heart brain!



I wonder how many birthdays/Christmases/anniversaries I'd have to combine to get just one of them? And if I can find legitimate reasons for them they can be classified as 'needs' rather than 'wants' right?

(yeh, I didn't convince myself either)