If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it!

So, it's quite normal to be attached to your wedding ring, right? It's so special and so treasured. You exchanged them during that special 'happiest day of your life' moment. They symbolize your love & commit.

When planning our wedding I found this verse I was going to have read out at the ring exchange ceremony (as our actual ceremony was held in our temple).

Wedding rings have no beginning, and no end; they represent the commitment which binds your lives together. They serve as a symbol of the covenants you have made to each other. May these rings always be your most treasured adornments, and may the love they symbolise be your most treasured possession

So when the Mr. lost his wedding ring the week before last when swimming in the river near my parents home we were pretty sad. Surprisingly I wasn't as sad as I thought I would be. I almost felt guilty I wasn't more upset. He'd lost a bit of weight recently so we think that is why it came off (Can someone please explain how i'm trying to lose weight and hubby isn't and he's the one that is actually losing it! Grrr)

Anywho... I think if it was mine i'd be more upset, especially my engagement ring. Hubby went and had it made to get one i'd love (isn't he the cutest!) but I've keep thinking about why i'm not that upset.

A scripture keeps coming to mind, you can read it here.

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal : For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Material possessions don't matter and it's more important to treasure things that will last for eternity. It made me grateful that even if we didn't have wedding rings, we are still married and will be forever.

During all the grief we have suffered recently, it's comforting having someone I can talk to about my pain, who is grieving too and is the most amazing man in the world. Wedding ring or not, I love you Mr. xx



(we'll be buying him a new one soon - much cheaper incase it gets lost again!)