It's not goodbye, it's seeya later.

Dear Daddy,

Over the last week I've thought about what the word "Daddy" means to me. Not "Dad" or "Father" but "Daddy". Everyone has a different relationship with their father and mine is summed up in what I call you, that is "My Daddy". I've been teased over the years by friends and work colleagues when I referred to you as My Daddy, despite being 26 years old. But just like a little girl looks to her daddy, I've always looked to you. For comfort, instruction, friendship and unconditional love. You've been my hero. For almost 25 years, you were the only man I knew I could always trust. And then when I met Tom & saw your qualities in Him, I knew he was  a good man that would love me as unconditionally as you.

Nothing has meant more to me than the times you've said that you are proud. I promise i'll live each day to make you proud daddy. My heart and whole being is broken knowing I won't have your big arms around me when we arrive home to Temagog to visit, or to see your cheeky smile across the dinner table.

My heart aches knowing you cant be there to cuddle my babies when they are born, or to teach them the things you taught me. But i'm comforted knowing you are at peace, that we will be reunited as a family once again and that you are with my babies now & will send them down to Tom & I safely. Most especially, I'm grateful that I had the supreme blessing of being your daughter and being able to call you My Daddy.

Albert Lammers, you are my hero. I won't see one thunderstorm on a summer afternoon, see one eagle soar in the sky or have one day pass without missing and loving you more than I can express.

My Daddy, I love you.