Happy Sugary Moments

Sugar. Better yet, pretty sugary treats. I love them. Mostly I love baking them rather than eating them. Don't get me wrong, I love a good cupcake/cookie/cake as much as the next girl... but the items i've baked myself I usually don't end up eating. Weird.

Yesterday, after an incredibly horrible phone call at work (shout out to the lovely abusive lady who bereated me for 15mins and her complaint had nothing to do with me) I decided I need to focus on the things I enjoy doing outside of work and perfecting those skills. That way, one day, if i'm lucky enough... I can make money from it.

I've always wanted to do a cake decorating course as I enjoyed making cakes for special occaisions but they were usually pretty basic and not very decorated. However, i've never gotten around to taking the course. Several years ago, someone I knew was getting married and they didn't have alot of money so i offered to make their wedding cake...
I was totally impressed with myself! Especially considering I didn't take any classes on how to make a 3 tier wedding cake with fondant icing. *Snaps for Jess*

So yesterday I decided i'm going to start taking some of the classes instead of just thinking about them. I need to wait awhile as our lives are so hectic with all the travelling... but soon i'll be doing it!

Last night we were shopping (valentines day gifts YAY!) and the homewares store I love has 50% off for the entire store... so I stocked up on alot of the baking 'hardware' i'll need... and last night made these little babies

They are mini-cupcakes (vanilla with pink buttercream icing) and i they look like roses. cute!

I'm off on the road again this afternoon. happy weekend x