Broken...


Only 8 weeks ago were we told by the doctors that Daddy only had 'weeks or months' left with us. Advanced liver cancer with no treatment options. Last night, he stopped fighting and decided it was time to rest. He waited until we were all here, all safe & together as a family. 11.45pm Monday 21st February 2011.

We spent every possible moment trying to make more cherished memories to add to the countless number we have with him. How do you sum up how you feel about the man that you measured all others up against, who loved you unconditionally and that, out of everybody, want to make proud?

I take comfort knowing that he is no longer suffering. I know our family is eternal & I will be with him again. I know he will meet each of the children Tom & I are yet to have & send them down safely to us.

When they came to take him away we followed the car down to the river in Dad's Ute (truck). We all sat in the back like we would when Dad would drive us to the river to swim. It felt like my heart was being torn in two as I understood that Daddy's earthly body would never stand on the land & home he loved so much again. We sat on the bridge & threw rocks into water. I felt the cool breeze against my face & I felt his love surround me. His love for my mum, my sisters, our home & me. I'm so grateful to know he is resting & still watching over us.

I just feel so broken. I miss you so much Daddy, I love you with everything that I am and am so blessed I could have a Daddy like you. I cherish each moment I've had to learn & grow from you. The best parts of me come from you & mum & I want to live each day to make you proud. I love you so much Daddy.