1. So this is a blog?

Here is the first of one of the many profound blog posts I will write (seriously, i'm using that 'The Secret power of positive thinking' thing here so I actually write something interesting).  Husband asked me why I wanted to write a blog.. I like reading them, so that qualifies me to write a blog doesn't it?

At the moment, I have a lot going on. I have a lovely life with my hubby Tom living in the city of Sydney. We both work full-time and have been married for just over 9 months. My family are all really close so it was hard finding out before Christmas that my dad has advanced liver cancer. They said he only has 3 months left to live which is hard news to digest. Hard to read too, especially when you are a expecting a 'light' & funny blog to read.

I write it mostly to give some perspective and background on my life at the moment... (also, seeing as this blog is new so not many people will be reading it except me I think it's a bit of therapy to say it out loud). Husband & I visit with my Dad alot (my parents live 6hrs drive away from Sydney)..and take alot of photos. This is my most recent favourite, mostly due to the sunset (not my lack of make-up and un-styled hair!!)


So far things are going ok, my dad is a hero and is fighting strong. It's been a month and it's hard to face the reality because he is only just starting to look a little tired and sick not terminally ill. Our family say he is 'life challenged'...it doesn't sound as horrible. I remember how to breathe everyday which is good progress! I'm learning to worry less about things I can't control and remember my Dad loves me and he knows how much I love him. I also take alot of comfort knowing I have a Father in Heaven who, when my Daddy can't be here with me anymore, will help ease the ache I have in my chest and take care of Dad and take all the pain he feels away.

I started reading this blog this week http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/ and i'm grateful for amazing people like this lady to inspire me to cherish the life we have. (So this is me...cherishing.)