Sharing the stage with Jimmy Fallon.







Oh how we love Mr. Jimmy Fallon. On our Tuesday in New York we got up early. Actually I didn't need to get up early because I didn't sleep ALL night. I'm jet lag was a reason but I discovered a few days later why.

Let's just say don't trust the Starbucks lady when you want to buy something so you don't feel bad for using the restroom without buying anything. I kind of went... Ohhh lime refresher, I like lime. "Excuse me, is there any tea or coffee in the Lime Refresher". "No".

So I get one large sucker of a Lime Refresher because I was parched! Several days later when I buy another one and it tastes different (not as 'limey') I look up the ingredients on the Starbucks website... hello coffee extract! No wonder I was hanging off the roof all night when I drunk the other one - so that new lime refresher went straight in the bin!.

Anywho, we arrived at the NBC studios (next to 30 Rockerfeller Centre) at about 7.30am and we were already 12-13th in line for Jimmy's stand by tickets. Tom strolled down the street to Magnolia Bakery to get me something to injest as I don't do well when i'm hungry/thirsty. He came back with some tasty lemonade and cake samples - oh that man of mine. I mean who doesn't want cake and lemonade at 7.30am in the morning?





So we got our standby tickets and were hopeful that being number 12 & 13, we'd be in with a good chance. We were told to come back at 3.45pm so we set off on the food tour in the West Village we had booked in that day (next post I swear!). 


























We arrived back to the area we were told to go in the NBC building at 3.45pm and had our ticket numbers checked off. We were then told to go and meet at another location at 4.15pm but to go to the toilet NOW. (Pressure much).

We got to the other meeting point at 4.15pm and were so glad we got up early as there was about 100 people in line and we got to be right near the front (number 12 & 13 whoop!). Then after waiting another 15 minutes we were told they were taking the first 29 upstairs. (Standby means LOTS of waiting). Then we stood in another line. They were taking the first 17 - we were in!

Then more waiting. And we got moved into the line to be on the 'band bench' - so we had to stand and dance behind the live band at the end of the show! Particularly hilarious when we had been out ALL day and felt all gross and untidy and the girls either side of us in line had gone home and gotten SUPER dressed up.


The show was heaps of fun. We weren't allowed to take any photos at all (boo). But it was pretty awesome when we got to walk across the stage floor - about 6 feet away from Jimmy Fallon himself!

If you wanna try get a glimpse of us (exaggeratedly trying to dance behind the band) we are on the right side of the stage (when watching) in the 2nd row - watch here.

Our Advice: If you want to go to a taping, start calling 10-8 weeks before the date you are going to be in New York! Having guaranteed tickets is so much easier than going for standby!