A Chocolate Egg {inside an egg!}




Yes my friends, that is one chocolate egg - INSIDE an egg!

Now I mentioned last week that I was attempting this Martha recipe challenge for chocolate eggs inside egg shells... and that if it actually worked I'd share a post to tell you how awesome I am. Well, let's get this out of the way quickly - I AM AWESOME.

I was seriously intimidated by this when I saw it. I mean - it's a chocolate egg inside an egg people. I was completely convinced that the white bit inside in the egg (gross) wouldn't come out and it would be stuck to the chocolate (eww).  I'd also never blown out eggs before OR dyed eggs so this was plenty of firsts for me... (yes I sang a few runs of 'Like a dyed easter egg virgin' while trying to make them).


I didn't have the pin board it said you need in the instructions (what even is a pin board?) so I made my own version - skewers in a pasta jar (genius!).










Pretty much - just follow martha's instructions (except I didn't temper the chocolate. I'm sure they turn out better but that was way too much for me! I just melted the chocolate and piped it into the empty eggs).

Oh and I'd make everyone I know one of these because they are so great - but blowing out the eggs made me gag. Tell me, can you buy empty egg shells anywhere? Seriously - that would be genius! If you are super keen you can watch the video of Martha making these here.

It's almost easter! YAY!